This is how my linkage works. Parts came from the GMC,40 Chevy
and the three Weber 32/36 carbs. It is similar to the original linkage.

I kept the rod going from the 40 Chevy gas peddle, but had to ad an inch to mate with the GMC pivot linkage which swings in a bolt in the center of the block. The pivot link has two arms 90 deg. apart that hang below the pivot bolt.The two arms are about 2 inches long. The pivot linkage looks like an upside V with the pivot point in the center.

The gas peddle rod is connected to the closest pivot arm. A vertical rod is connected to the other pivot arm. When the gas peddle is pushed down the vertical rod goes up to activate a long rod the runs parallel to the valve cover. This rod pivots on tabs mounted to the three intake runners

The direction of rotation changes here. The rod has four arms on it. One is about 1.5 inches long and connects to the vertical rod. The other 3 arms came with the carbs. and are about 3 inches long They are finally connected to the Webers by adjustable rods that push the carbs. wide open.

My carbs are mounted at 90 deg. to the valve cover so the linkage has to push them open. They open fully because a small movement of 1.5 inch arm is amplified by the 3 inch arms pushing the carbs open.

FranK Hainey