Quote:
Originally posted by chevyII:

someone told me a 292 weights about 450 and an sbc is about 575. does anyone have exact numbers on this?
I dug around but couldn't find any specs on a 292, I did however find some specs on a 250, maybe someone knows the difference in weight as far as rotating mass, the blocks/ head are the same(?). What I found quoted the 250 @ 440 lbs and a 350 with iron heads @ 570lbs. So what you were told seems close...not being a chevy guy...you take that for what its worth. \:\)

Quote:
Originally posted by John H. Meredith:

Many of these 'exhaust acessories' you see in Hot Rod catalogs and hobby shops are just there as a marketing ploy to generate revenue(s). They do little, if anything in the 'real world'.
Please do me a favor, define the accessory you speak of and please define what you feel it doesn't do. Also include examples of when you tried this and the results.

I want to read about YOUR experiences and better understand you. Obviously, what I have tried and the results, while 'inline' with the rest of the world, don't seem to reflect your experience, possibly we approached things differently and received a different result, provide me with details and maybe I can better understand what it was, I and the rest of the world have done differently. Patiently waiting...